If you are passionate about changing the current economic system, then this is the position for you. As a vendor researcher, you will work to seek out vendors from disadvantaged groups such as people of color, Native communities, LGBTQIA+, and the formerly incarcerated. Our goal is to spend our money is a way that will reflect our values, promote our vision, and disrupt systems of oppression.
- Research locally owned businesses that
-Pay employees minimum living wage
-Contribute to their communities
- Assess spending needs of the organization (copy paper, toilet paper, banners, etc.) and compile a list of equitable sources where we can acquire those products
- Build relationships with local associations (Black Business Association, Hmong Business Association, Hispanic Business Association, etc.) to aid in developing a comprehensive list of places we can acquire needed goods and services
Training and Support:
- Orientation to the organization and programs
- Ongoing support from staff and Financial Leadership Committee
- 2-6 hours per month
- Local to Twin Cities or surrounding metro area
- Location flexible; can work remotely or from the FNVW office
Friends for a NonViolent World (FNVW) spreads the transformational power of nonviolence through four different programs which aim to introduce nonviolence principles into interactions on every level, from the personal to the institutional.
- Vision: We seek a world free from violence and the threat of violence
- Mission: We champion nonviolence as the foundation for effective programs and actions to promote the dignity of every human being
Contact Maddy Rydeen at FNVWmaddy@gmail.com to learn more!
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Building
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Must be from Twin Cities or surrounding metro area