We are looking for a talented person to play an active role in the development of our non-profit’s online community. As part of a major endeavor, we are looking to enhance and further build out our social media footprint and initiatives. Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the intern will maintain RestoringVision’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our follower base. If you are looking to have a future career in Community Relations, Social Media, Communications, or Marketing, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
This is a part-time (10 hours a week), remote, unpaid internship with a commitment of a minimum of 6 months. We require that you use your own computer to complete the internship projects and tasks.
- Developing content calendars monthly.
- Creating, scheduling, updating, and monitoring social media and website postings.
- Promoting and engaging partners, sponsors and donors through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Developing strategic plan with Communications manager to identify viable ideas to grow and maintain followers across social platforms.
- Writing blog posts about announcements, updates, and special events.
- Responding to posts, comments, and messages to bring value to user’s interactions with RestoringVision.
- Performing research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our follower base and posting it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Creating and editing video and photo content for online posts.
- Completing other social media projects as assigned.
Data and Analytics
- Identifying prospects and creating a prospect database.
- Monitoring and reporting social media and website analytics.
- Completing other data and analytics projects as assigned.
- Assisting in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts.
- Receiving and indexing testimonials, photos, and videos into the appropriate folders in DropBox.
- Assisting with other digital media projects as assigned.
- A background in Communications or related field.
- Experience in social media/marketing.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and WordPress.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google and YouTube Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Experience with Photoshop.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Grecia Greco at email@example.com.
RestoringVision is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing new reading glasses and sunglasses to people in need who would otherwise not have access. Since 2003, we have partnered with more than 1,400 organizations and helped over 7.5 million people in 126 countries around the world. To learn more, visit: www.RestoringVision.org.
- Database Administration
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 10 hours/week, minimum 6 months
- Use of your own computer with Photoshop installed