The Spark of Hope Foundation is a registered charitable foundation based in Toronto, ON whose purpose is to create a new generation of women leaders, primarily in the developing world, through providing support and scholarships for post-secondary education.
We believe that empowering young women, especially those from countries in turmoil, strengthens local communities. We aim to lift such young women, their families and their communities out of the cycle of poverty by igniting the spark of hope. With university education, each of them will impact thousands of lives as doctors, engineers, journalists, lawyers, managers, scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and teachers.
Our focus is bright young women, who demonstrate leadership potential, but lack the financial means to afford a quality university-level education.
To learn more about The Spark of Hope Foundation, please visit https://thesparkofhope.org/.
We are looking for an organized, passionate and talented Director of Fundraising who will be responsible for coordinating the foundation’s fundraising activities and recruiting and overseeing a small team of volunteers. The Director of Fundraising will develop and implement a fundraising strategy, aiming to meet or surpass an agreed-upon target.
The Director is expected to volunteer about five to eight hours per week.
- Set targets and strategy and oversee all fundraising activity, including the SparkOne campaign (small, individual donors), the Benefactor program (larger recurring donors) and major donors and grant funding
- Work with the Director of Marketing on campaign execution
- Recruit, manage and motivate a small team of volunteer
- Work closely with the CEO on strategy and direction
- Train new volunteers on operational processes
- Identify potential sources of grant funds and submit proposals for grants
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals as potential donors to the organization
- Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders
- 5-10 years of non-profit fundraising experience
- Strong networking skills
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to recruit, manage and motivate a small team
- Ability to work extremely well with others in a collaborative environment
- A high level of attention to detail
- Highly organized and capable of setting workflows
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable/ability to meet deadlines
This opportunity is excellent for individuals who have an interest in education, international development or women’s empowerment.
How to apply:
If interested, please apply here: https://thesparkofhope.org/volunteer-application/
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Five to eight hours per week