Train to become a Volunteer Income Tax Assitor (VITA) IRS certified volunteer! Do you love to make an impact in the lives of individuals and families? We need YOU! Do you love to learn new things? We need YOU! Do you love working alongside a group of passionate volunteers who are passionate about the causes you love? We need YOU!
Volunteers are the backbone of DABC and are retired and current professionals within the tax industry, accounting and tax students from area colleges, graduate student interns, and so much more. Previous accounting experience is NOT required!
What does it take to volunteer? A passion for helping your community and making a difference in the lives of so many. You will receive free training from DABC staff and learn how to provide free tax help for low-to-moderate income families who need assistance preparing their tax returns.
- Greeter/Screener: Create a welcoming and organized atmosphere while ensuring clients have the necessary tax documents to complete their tax returns. IRS Tax law certification is NOT required.
- Translator: Provide free translator and interpreter services to clients not fluent in English. Spanish, French, Chinese, American Sign-Language are some of the most common languages spoken. IRS Tax law certification is NOT required, although basic tax knowledge is helpful.
- Tax Preparer: Certify through the IRS in tax law training and work one-on-one with individuals and families to provide free tax preparation. Training and study materials provided by DABC.
- Administrative: Help DABC staff promote the services of DABC by enhacing our presence on social media outlets. Work with staff to research grants, send mailings to our clients, recruit volunteers, and so much else.
- Social Media/Marketing/PR/Communications: Love to take photos, write, campaign and more? Do you enjoy making impact videos? Develop your portfolio while helping to grow DABC's impact through new marketing and PR efforts.
Already convinced? Register as a volunteer on our volunteer portal:
- People Skills
- Financial Literacy
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Free training provided by DABC staff (8 hours).
- Flexible hours and days, we request that you attend one shift per week (4 hours) during tax season.