CTN is seeking applicants for a Communications Internship opportunity for its newest location in Austin, Texas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Intern will assist Program Manager in the accomplishment of project goals through marketing and communications activities, and minimal administrative assistance. We seek highly motivated individuals who will gain graphic design and communications experience. This internship will provide the opportunity for networking and great hands on experience producing online and print graphic design and advertising projects. Light administrative duties will be required on occasion. Intern will be engaged in work in the following areas:
- Graphic Design: Creating invitations, ads and printed materials.
- Create and collect content for Network News, the online monthly newsletter ( see archives here)
- Website updates via Wordpress
- Social Media/Online Marketing: Keeping blog and social media content up to date on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Updates to current media lists
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours/week
- The location is Austin, TX but will consider virtual volunteer.