This is a rigorous and rewarding volunteer program for Spring 2018 semester.
The volunteer will work with Soulful Cities to conduct a variety of research approaches which culminate in the creation of a research publication in their area of study.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- Begin building authority in your field of study with a published research paper
- Hands-on experience working "in the field"
- Refine data collection skills with interviews, surveys, and open forum discussions
- Gain real-world professional skills
- Network with peers, organizations, professionals and community members.
- Build your resume
- Letter of recommendation
- An introduction to the nonprofit sector
Their work will be published on the the organization’s online Resources Library. Publications serve to bolster support and funding for a variety of programs which enrich the artistic and cultural landscape of Los Angeles. Publications will also serve as ongoing resources and inspiration for urban planners, architects, students and designers nationwide.
Research will include interviews with other nonprofit organizations; fieldwork in the form of surveys, interviews and open-forum discussions with community members; and traditional academic research.
- Public Speaking
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours a week for 15 weeks (Spring '18 Semester)