Empower Young Minds Through Education, Leadership, & Activity
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
45 people are interested
At the Nashua PAL Youth Safe Haven in the heart of Nashua's "Tree Streets", we serve between 400-450 youth a year in our afterschool and summer care program. These youth live in an area surrounded by drugs, violence, gangs, and other negative influences. At the Youth Safe Haven, we keep them engaged, positive, and focused on education.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Nashua PAL! We are open during the school year from Monday through Thursday, 2:30-6pm, and Friday, 2:30-5pm. During the Summer, we are open Monday-Friday from 12-4pm. Volunteers during these hours can help with a variety of activities:
- Mentors to help youth with homework every school day
- Lead kids in arts and crafts or fun games
- Teach kids a skill or hobby of your choice
- Accompany youth on field trips during school breaks and summer vacations
- Play outside games (basketball, soccer, dodgeball, etc.)
- And mentor youth one-on-one
Even if you can only offer a couple of hours, that makes a difference in the lives of PAL youth.
Nashua Police Athletic League (PAL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching our youth the values and rewards that can be accomplished through self-determination, belief in one's self, desire, teamwork, and respect for others. Nashua PAL's mission is to create a positive attitude between the children of Nashua and the members of the Police Department through PAL sponsored sports, enrichment, recreation, leadership, and educational activities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
52 Ash StreetNashua, NH 03060
- Child Development
- Sports Coaching
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- A passion for helping youth and HAVING FUN