The Case Management Intern in the Survivors of Human Trafficking Program (SOT) responds to both emergency and non-emergency calls from victims of human trafficking. Interns with the language capacity of the victim may also be asked to provide translations during a client’s initial screening. The Case Management intern effectively supports existing relationships with referral organizations and agencies. Additionally, the intern assists clients in all capacities requested by case managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with multicultural populations
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Experience with client advocacy
- Tactful, discrete, and able to deal with confidential information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with culturally diverse clients
- Ability to work independently and still maintain a high level of detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated interest in social work, case management, human trafficking, or immigration.
- Bilingual, written and/or verbal proficiency in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Vietnamese.
- Experience working with culturally diverse clients.
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ongoing, flexible hours. (9:00AM-5:00PM M-F)