Volunteer photographers donate their time and talent to the Speed Art Museum by photographing special events. The photographer will have the ability to think strategically and creatively to capture the mood and feeling of events. Images taken could be used in museum-produced pieces such as our social media, community newspapers and marketing brochures. Speed staff will assist in guiding the volunteer regarding what and who should be photographed.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Must own DSLR camera and equipment.
* Able to produce professional looking photos with high resolution.
* Must be experienced with Photoshop or other photo editing software.
* Must follow copyright rules and gallery rules regarding exhibition materials.
* Work in an open space environment and may need to walk and stand for intervals within a 3-4-hour shift.
* The ability to work independently and to be diplomatic and attentive is required.
* Great people skills, organizational skills and the ability to maintain a calm, courteous and professional demeanor are key elements of success for this assignment.
Length of Assignment:
On an as needed basis depending on event. Typical shifts are 2-4 hours each. Speed staff will contact volunteer for availability prior to event.
* Transportation to program location necessary
* Ability to stand for a few hours
Minimum age: 18
To apply for this volunteer position, please complete an application on http://www.speedmuseum.org/about/get-involved/volunteers/
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- As needed; assignments are 2-4hrs each
- Must be able to understand the photographic needs of the staff for each specific event.