The National MS Society is looking for Self Health Group Leaders!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1480 U.S. Highway 9 N.WoodbridgeWoodbridge, NJ 07095
We are looking for Self Health Group Leaders in the Hudson County and Sussex County area**
Self-help groups in the National MS Society bring people together who share a common life experience (living with MS) for support, education and mutual aid. Positive personal change can happen through individual effort with the support of others. Facilitators of chapter-affiliated self-help groups are valuable volunteers who perform an integral role in facilitating support and positive change. Each self-help group is the result of a collaborative partnership between the group and the chapter. Self-help group facilitators, with the assistance and participation of group members, manage the organizational and logistical aspects of group facilitation by negotiating and dividing tasks among co-facilitators and members.
- Ensure that meetings are publicized.
- Together with group members, plan and implement meeting agenda, which may include inviting guest speakers, using the disclaimer appropriately, planning special programs, and organizing activities.
- Open and facilitate healthy group discussion, encourage participation and monitor discussion.
- Ensure that new members are welcomed.
- Submit accurate group attendance and new participant forms to your liaison in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure communication among members between meetings as necessary.
- Assure that the group complies with the National MS Society Self-Help group standards.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training