The National MS Society needs MS Ambassadors!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1480 U.S. Highway 9 N.WoodbridgeWoodbridge, NJ 07095
As a spokesperson for the chapter and Society, MS Ambassadors are grassroots volunteers that can spread the word about MS in their community. Their knowledge about the chapter's advocacy, support, research, and fundraising gives MS Ambassadors the chance to increase the capacity of the chapter moving the Society closer to achieving the mission. They also play a critical role in communicating the availability of vital chapter programs and services to people with MS and their families, the general public and to the healthcare community.
- Health Fairs - Represent the Society by staffing a booth or information table at a health fair or similar event - respond to inquiries, distribute Society materials, recruit volunteers, event participants, etc. as appropriate.
- Community Group Outreach - At the request of community groups (e.g., Rotary Club, Chamber of Commerce, local businesses, etc.) provide information about the National MS Society, our programs and services, fundraising and volunteer opportunities by speaking to these audiences as requested.
- Community Health Volunteer - Visit with targeted healthcare providers to develop and strengthen relationships between healthcare providers and the National MS Society, educate and promote chapter programs and services, the Society's advocacy agenda and fundraising events to area clinicians, and other healthcare providers, and work with healthcare providers to increase the number of people with MS and their families referred to the National MS Society for help and services.
- MS Activism - Speak with public officials, write a letter to the editor, call local talk radio programs, and/or attend a town hall meeting.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training