Hospice Service-Learning project to complement your studies or meet a personal service goal. Especially beneficial for those studying healthcare, psychology, sociology, elder care and related topics. After orientation, you will make visits every two weeks to hospice patients for socialization and support, spend some time with a patient while a family member takes a break or provide emotional support for a family member. Monthly email inservicing on related topics will also be provided.
This project also extends to musicians who would like to play music for patients. String, keyboards and/or voice; proficiency required.
This project can be done individually or with a partner-volunteer.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours every two weeks
- Volunteer in Your Pajamas!
- Office Volunteer in Arlington /...
- Friends Volunteers Needed Now
- Teen Hospice Service-Learning...
- Naturally Helpful Person Needed!...
- College Service-Learning Project
- Married Couples Needed
- Volunteer in Crowley
- Volunteer Proficient in American...
- Teen Service-Learning...
- Good Humor Volunteer in Crowley
- Musicians & Singers
- Beautiful Hands and Girl Time in...
- Visiting Veterans
- Cedar Hill Volunteer Needed...
- Virtually Virtual Volunteering