ACC Rides Transportation Services provides transportation for older adults who are no longer able to drive, who have difficulty getting around, and who live in a designated service area (zip code areas 95814, 95818, 95820, 95822, 95823, 95824, 95828, 95831, 95832 and 95758). We particularly serve individuals who have dementia and cannot consistently communicate or appropriately express their needs. We target Asian American older persons and family caregivers who speak limited English, older persons living alone and/or who have low incomes.
ACC Rides particularly supports access to ACC’s programs at its Park City site Monday through Friday, provides regularly scheduled shopping shuttles, trips to neighborhood and health service offices or other senior centers, and to a limited extent provides trips for medical appointments.
Volunteer drivers serve the transportation needs of people with dementia and physical limitations. Drivers transport clients to their destinations safely and on time.
- Operate an 8-9 passenger Paratransit van, a small sedan, and a minivan.
- Complete a pre-trip inspection before using the Paratransit van.
- Assist volunteer escorts in securing clients (wheelchair or seat belts) and make sure everyone is properly secured.
- Responsible for getting clients to their destination safely and on time.
- Log in pick-up and drop-off time of each client.
- Valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Age 21 or older
- Be in good health.
- Drivers must be able to bend, lift 50 pounds and drive intermittently over 4-8 hour period of time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (speaking and writing).
- Willingness to work with diverse language and ethnic populations
- Willingness to work with older adults who may be frail and/or may have physical disabilities.
- Skill in languages other than English is desirable (Chinese, Tagalog, Japanese, etc.).
- Willingness to mentor volunteers.
- Must successfully complete training to operate Paratransit vehicles (training will be provided)
- Flexible hours.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum once every two weeks