Volunteer Driver for ACC Senior Services Rides Program
2 people are interested
ACC Rides Transportation Services provides transportation for older adults who are no longer able to drive, who have difficulty getting around, and who live in a designated service area (zip code areas 95814, 95818, 95820, 95822, 95823, 95824, 95828, 95831, 95832 and 95758). We particularly serve individuals who have dementia and cannot consistently communicate or appropriately express their needs. We target Asian American older persons and family caregivers who speak limited English, older persons living alone and/or who have low incomes.
ACC Rides particularly supports access to ACC’s programs at its Park City site Monday through Friday, provides regularly scheduled shopping shuttles, trips to neighborhood and health service offices or other senior centers, and to a limited extent provides trips for medical appointments.
Volunteer drivers serve the transportation needs of people with dementia and physical limitations. Drivers transport clients to their destinations safely and on time.
- Operate an 8-9 passenger Paratransit van, a small sedan, and a minivan.
- Complete a pre-trip inspection before using the Paratransit van.
- Assist volunteer escorts in securing clients (wheelchair or seat belts) and make sure everyone is properly secured.
- Responsible for getting clients to their destination safely and on time.
- Log in pick-up and drop-off time of each client.
- Valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Age 21 or older
- Be in good health.
- Drivers must be able to bend, lift 50 pounds and drive intermittently over 4-8 hour period of time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (speaking and writing).
- Willingness to work with diverse language and ethnic populations
- Willingness to work with older adults who may be frail and/or may have physical disabilities.
- Skill in languages other than English is desirable (Chinese, Tagalog, Japanese, etc.).
- Willingness to mentor volunteers.
- Must successfully complete training to operate Paratransit vehicles (training will be provided)
- Flexible hours.
About ACC Senior Services
7334 Park City Drive, Sacramento, CA 95831, US
The mission of ACC Senior Services (ACC) is to promote the general welfare and enhance the quality of life for our community by identifying, developing, and providing culturally sensitive health and social services for older adults. ACC is steeped in ethnically diverse traditions of mutual assistance and selfless giving, a critical cornerstone to its success at making good on its promises to provide programs that benefit older adults in the community.
ACC was founded in 1971. The purpose of the center is to provide a central site for the community to address needs, issues, provide services for the elderly and develop programs to support the community. The ACC's primary program is a skilled nursing facility that provides 24-hour care to its residents. ACC welcomes volunteers to accomplish its mission and is committed to: engaging volunteers at all levels of ACC, including visible leadership roles like teaching classes and serving on committes and the board, encouraging partnerships between volunteers and staff in achieving ACC's mission, offering opportunities for volunteers to be challenged by their work and see the results of their efforts, embracing volunteers as members of the ACC family, matching individual interests and skills with volunteer jobs, and training volunteers according to the responsibilities of each volunteer position.
We'll work with your schedule.
7334 Park City DriveSacramento, CA 95831
- Elder care
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum one shift every two weeks