Lifters & Loaders
Habitat Greater San Francisco's ReStore is a home improvement retail store driven and operated by volunteers and benefiting Habitat for Humanity GSF. At the ReStore, Habitat receives and resells home decor, lighting, appliances, and furniture to the public at a discounted price. The ReStore also diverts 100,000 pounds of material from landfills each month, keeping our communities green.
Lifters & Loaders help customer load their cars of furniture or items they have purchased. Volunteers help staff move furniture and items around the store to create beautiful vignettes to display furniture and decorative items. Loaders & Lifters assist in looking up donated items on the internet and pricing them to sell quickly. Volunteers assist with cleaning and staging items on the sales floor.
No retail experience necessary - we'll train you and have you shadow another volunteer or a staff member until you are comfortable to volunteer on your own.
" Join a friendly team of staff and volunteers working to make the world a better place
" Earn 20% off discounts to the store after 50 hours of service
" Gather skills in customer service, phone etiquette, and point of sale operations
" Receive Habitat ReStore gifts
" Invitations to Habitat and ReStore social events
" Ability to use Habitat for Humanity Greater SF as a professional reference
Orientation/Training: One hour orientation held at ReStore, followed by on-the-job training.
Regular volunteers commit to one 3 ½ hour shift a week for at least 4 weeks.
All positions are Tuesday - Sunday with shifts from 10am- 1:30 pm and/or 1:30 pm-5:30 pm
- Facilities Management
- Interior Design
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- One 3 ½ hour shift a week for at least 4 weeks
- Reading Tutor - Reading Partners
- Kitchen/ Food Pantry - Samaritan...
- Habitat For Humanity Greater SF...
- Radio Operator - Blackberry...
- Early Literacy Program - Avenidas
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul -...
- Samaritan House - Administration...
- Homeless Help Kitchen - Society...
- Get up & Go Volunteer -...
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Caring Cupboard - City of San...
- Senior Nutrition
- SFO Travelers Information
- Monkey Toy Project - Los Altos...
- Meals on Wheels - Meal Delivery...
- Peninsula Family Service - 70...
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
- Friendship Center Host/ Hostess-...
- Project Read Literacy Tutor
- Habitat for Humanity Greater SF...