Adopt a Stone Wall - Weir River Farm
2 people are interested
Weir River Farm and World’s End, both in Hingham, are crisscrossed with historic stone walls. During the year, our stone walls require additional attention to maintain their integrity as they become overgrown with weeds, trees, vines, and other invasive plants that interfere with their solidarity. We are currently looking for enthusiastic volunteers who share our love of the outdoors and wish to "adopt" a section of stone wall to maintain. This volunteer opportunity is perfect for someone looking for a way to get involved on a very flexible schedule.
- Removal of invasive species along stone walls at either Weir River Farm or World’s End
- Maintain communication with stewardship crew
- Log volunteer hours weekly
- An eagerness to participate in maintaining the beauty of our properties
- Able to use hand tools safely and effectively
- Able to follow instructions and work independently
- Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass, snow, ice or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Flexible schedule, preferred 2-4 hours per month; 3-month commitment preferred.
Weir River Farm, 140 Turkey Hill Lane, Hingham, MA and World's End, Martin Lane, Hingham, MA
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We'll work with your schedule.
Weir River Farm140 Turkey Hill LaneHingham, MA 02043
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Flexible schedule, 2-4 hours per month
- 3 month commitment preferred