CHEC (Curtis Heritage Education Center) brings a 170 year old Oregon Trail survivor wagon to schools in the Portland and surrounding areas to provide 45 minute interactive presentations to 4th grade students about "life on the trail for 10 year olds". We give between 3-6 class presentations at each school per visit (about 25 students each presentation).
- Willingness to learn about the Oregon Trail.
- Ability to work with children (Oregon schools require background checks). We built our presentation to have fun.
- Time Flexibility. Presentations usually start about 9:00AM but with travel and set up time, the day could start as early as 6:30AM. We usually have about 12 presentation days per season.
- Ability to pull a 16ft cargo trailer would help but is not necessary.
- Look us up at www.chec-heritage.com or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/CurtisHeritageEducationCenter/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- up to 12 eight hour days per season
- Ability to lift about 25 pounds. Some twisting and bending.