Looking for Go Girls volunteers - Female Mentors
1 person is interested
Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 11-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem. The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image - setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
The Go Girls! program consists of 7 mentoring sessions, held over a 7 week period, within school facilities. Each 1.5-2 hour-long session is loosely structured around four themes: physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem, and communication skills.
The program strives to do the following:
- create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- support the development of leadership and life skills
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- and above all, make a difference.
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Cowichan Valley
#1-60 Ingram Street, Duncan, BC V9L 1N7, CA
We commit to Canada's young people that we will be leaders in providing them with the highest quality, volunteer based mentoring programs
As Canada’s leading child and youth mentoring charity, Big Brothers Big Sisters facilitates life-changing relationships that inspire and empower children and youth to reach their potential, both as individuals and citizens.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of The Cowichan Valley has been creating friendships since 1972. We started out matching Big Brothers with Little Brothers and added Big and Little Sisters a few years later. We have grown to include a variety of different programs that serve both boys and girls. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive to be on the leading edge of the Big Brothers Big Sisters movement in Canada.
We currently serve the Chemainus, Duncan, Shawnigan Lake, Cobble Hill, Mill Bay, Youbou, and Cowichan Lake areas.
We'll work with your schedule.
Cowichan RegionDuncan, BC Canada
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5-2 hours per week for 7 weeks