Looking for Go Girls volunteers - Female Mentors
1 person is interested
Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 11-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem. The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image - setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
The Go Girls! program consists of 7 mentoring sessions, held over a 7 week period, within school facilities. Each 1.5-2 hour-long session is loosely structured around four themes: physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem, and communication skills.
The program strives to do the following:
- create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- support the development of leadership and life skills
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- and above all, make a difference.
We'll work with your schedule.
Cowichan RegionDuncan, BC Canada
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5-2 hours per week for 7 weeks