Do you like to meet new people and make a real difference in the world? Are you flexible and interested in a variety of things?
Metro North ABE is looking for volunteers to help in our English as a Second Language (ESL) classes in Brooklyn Center. Your role would vary from floating around the classroom, leading a small group activity such a reading a story and answering questions or playing a game, to working one on one with students. You may have the opportunity to help on the computer with things like email, typing and finding websites. There could even be occasional prep work such as cutting things out for the teacher.
The classroom teacher will be there to give you clear instructions for whatever needs to be done that day.
Volunteers are needed on Tuesdays. Shifts are available between 9 am and 12 noon.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours per week for 6 months
- Classroom Assistant for...
- Help adult learners practice...
- Friday Morning Classroom...
- Tutor small groups of ESL students
- Data Assistant
- English as a Second Language...
- Volunteer with ESL or ABE Classes
- Reading and Writing Tutor
- Work With Beginning Computer Users
- Tutor adult learners during...
- One to One ESL Tutor
- Daytime ESL Classroom Tutor
- Morning ESL Classroom Tutor in...