No Driver CPC Required
- Ambulance (B Licence)
We need drivers to help us carry out our mission, which is to help the sick. You would be able to do this by attending events such as Leopardstown Race Course, the 3 Arena, Croke Park and local duties such as family fun days along with a crew who would take care of the patients.
Drivers would be expected to drive with diligence and respect at all times, as well as having the ability to drive when needed in emergency situations to hospital, with emergency lights and sirens.
- Minibus (D1 Licence)
We need drivers to help with picking up/dropping people off to social clubs every week, as well as transporting members to and from events when the need arises
A driver would have to drive to where our vehicles are kept overnight, prepare the vehicle and fill out the vehicle log book, crew will either meet at the same place or at the event. Keys will be sorted out for you in advance.
A text will be sent out every week as well as a post on Facebook, detailing any upcoming duties, once you put your name down we will then sort out keys for you.
Vehicle familiarisation will be proivded, and if you're ever unsure we will be delighted to help out!
If you ever so wish, you have the ability to also become a medic within the unit, and progress through clinical levels like other medics can.
Tasks that the volunteer(s) will be expected to undertake:
- Complete an RSA walk around check (Lights, tires, oil, siren, etc) before every duty
- Record information in log books provided on the vehicle
- Maintain fuel levels (paid for) and report any defects
- Drive with care and respect with a paramount concern for safety
- Be nice and friendly to patients, members and people alike
- Use Long range Freq. radios & TETRA radio systems to keep in contact with ground crew or event control at events (training provided)
- Reply to requests that are sent out weekly to check who is available to cover duties
- Preferably have a long term commitment to the unit (extending pass the january date listed)
- Be available for at least 4/5 hours a month to help out
- Appropriate use of emergency lights and siren (will be explained)
Skills required for this role:
- A full driving licence
- Able to work and cooperate as a team
- Safe and careful driver
- Ability to work well under stress
- A want to help
- Fun and easy going
Details of time commitment needed for role:
We train every Tuesday night at 8PM - 9:30, but if you're not interested in the first aid aspect then this is not mandatory. We would expect around 4/5 hours a month (1 duty)
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 4/5 hours a month
- Garda vetting: Will be done when you join the unit