Love Working With Administrative Tasks?!
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Do you love assisting with administrative tasks?! The Food Bank of Iowa is seeking a Volunteer to come weekly on Fridays to assist us with our mailing(s). If interested, please contact Michaela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-564-0330.
The Food Bank of Iowa is seeking a Volunteer to work at our front desk greeting visitors, filing paperwork, and doing data entry. These volunteers will assist with signing visitors in and answering phones. This position is available Monday through Friday and will take place in four hour block shifts from 8:00am through 4:30pm.
- Greet guests and check them in using our sign in system
- Provide an emergency food box to drop in community members in need
- Answering phones and directing calls
- Filing and data entry
- Attention to detail
- Friendly and willing to interact with all types of people
- Able to commit to volunteering at least once a week for at least 6 months
- Able to sit, stand, and move in an office environment
- Able to read and do basic math functions
- Able to commit to the Food Bank of Iowa's mission, vision and values
- Able to complete training, learning about the Food Bank of Iowa's processes, procedures, and functions
- Interested volunteers must be able to commit to one shift a week for at least 6 months
- Coverage is needed Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm in 4 hour block shifts
We ask that you dress in business casual attire
About Food Bank of Iowa
2220 E 17th St, Des Moines, IA 50316, US
The Food Bank of Iowa is a charitable, not-for-profit organization committed to our mission of alleviating hunger through food distribution, partnership and education.
From the time the dock doors opened in 1982, we have maintained our No. 1 priority - maximizing "food in - food out" to meet the critical needs of a diverse population through our network of partner agencies in 55 Iowa counties.
As a non-profit food bank, our primary role is to provide food to the charitable agencies offering direct service to hungry Iowans.
These partner agencies include:
- Food pantries
- Soup kitchens
- Homeless shelters
- Shelters for victims of domestic violence
- Nonprofit day care centers
- Residential care centers
- Child and senior programs
Along with traditional food banking, the Food Bank of Iowa also operates three successful programs: Backpack Buddies, HUSH and the Fresh Produce Project.
We'll work with your schedule.
2220 E 17th StreetDes Moines, IA 50316
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours each week