Love Working With Administrative Tasks?!
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Do you love assisting with administrative tasks?! The Food Bank of Iowa is seeking a Volunteer to come weekly on Fridays to assist us with our mailing(s). If interested, please contact Michaela at email@example.com or 515-564-0330.
The Food Bank of Iowa is seeking a Volunteer to come on Friday mornings to organize the weekly thank you letters to our food and fund donors. The weekly mailing volunteer will assist with folding letters, stuffing envelopes, and using our mailing machine to seal and place postage on each letter. This position is available on Fridays and will take place from 8:00am through 10:00am.
- Fold letters using letter folding machine or by hand ensuring the correct placement of address
- Stuff envelopes with letter (placing the address in the envelope window) and tour invitation
- Use mail machine to seal and place postage on each letter
- Attention to detail
- Able to commit to volunteering at least once a week on Friday mornings for at least 6 months
- Able to sit, stand, and move in an office environment
- Able to read and do basic math functions
- Able to commit to the Food Bank of Iowa's mission, vision and values
- Able to complete training, learning about the Food Bank of Iowa's processes, procedures, and functions
- Interested volunteers must be able to commit to one shift a week for at least 6 months
- Coverage is needed Fridays from 8:00am to 10:00am
We ask that you dress in business casual attire
We'll work with your schedule.
2220 E 17th StreetDes Moines, IA 50316
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours each week