Employment & Career Services
Goal of Position:
Access to a computer can greatly improve an individual’s likeliehood of getting a job, success in school, and accessing resources, which in turn gives people in our community a better chance at reaching self-sufficiency. The Computer Lab Specialist will support individuals in job searching, working on employment-related activities, and doing other activites deemed appropriate by JFS staff.
- Knowing that your time is making a significant impact in the lives of people within your community.
- Directly impacting individuals that do not have the technology they need to move forward.
- Open and close the computer lab, including setting up and putting away all computers.
- Orient participants to proper use of computers and related programs.
- Ensure that rules and protocols for computer lab use are followed by all participants.
- As needed assist clients to job search and/or to work on their resumes and other employment-related documents.
- Must be computer literate, including being comfortable navigating Microsoft Office 10, using a touch screen laptop, attaching files, and uploading documents.
- Knowledge of basic search sites on the Internet.
- Must be dedicated, reliable, patient, and compassionate.
- Must enjoy helping people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus.
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp.
- Attend a JFS volunteer interview with JFS staff.
- Attend a training for computer lab volunteers.
- Agree to background check, reference check, and sign a privacy & security policy.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
A schedule will be coordinated with the Employment Outreach Specialist during the interview.
Jewish Family Service Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus 8788 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA, 92123
Employment Outreach Specialist
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Computer Lab Specialist
- Sunday Funday Survey Administrator
- Cyber Cafe: Volunteer with Older...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Newsletter Production Volunteer
- Cozy Café-rista
- Donation Money Collector
- Volunteer at a Free Mini Farmers...
- Car Ownership Course Instructor
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Financial Literacy Program
- Lunch Server