Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
Employment & Career Services
Goal of Position:
Access to a computer can greatly improve an individual’s likeliehood of getting a job, success in school, and accessing resources, which in turn gives people in our community a better chance at reaching self-sufficiency. The Computer Lab Specialist will support individuals in job searching, working on employment-related activities, and doing other activites deemed appropriate by JFS staff.
- Knowing that your time is making a significant impact in the lives of people within your community. * Directly impacting individuals that do not have the technology they need to move forward.
- Open and close the computer lab, including setting up and putting away all computers.
- Orient participants to proper use of computers and related programs.
- Ensure that rules and protocols for computer lab use are followed by all participants.
- As needed assist clients to job search and/or to work on their resumes and other employment-related documents.
- Must be computer literate, including being comfortable navigating Microsoft Office 10, using a touch screen laptop, attaching files, and uploading documents.
- Knowledge of basic search sites on the Internet.
- Must be dedicated, reliable, patient, and compassionate.
- Must enjoy helping people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus.
- Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp.
- Attend a JFS volunteer interview with JFS staff.
- Attend a training for computer lab volunteers.
- Agree to background check, reference check, and sign a privacy & security policy.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
A schedule will be coordinated with the Employment Outreach Specialist during the interview.
Jewish Family Service Joan & Irwin Jacobs Campus 8788 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA, 92123
Employment Outreach Specialist
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Food Drive Assistant
- Development Administrative...
- Food Drive Volunteer
- St. Paul's Distribution Volunteer
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Workshop Facilitator
- Software Trainer
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Bingo Caller
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Cafe-rista
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...