COTS' food program delivers 350 meals each week to individuals and families. Our food is collected and dropped off by local stores. We need individuals to unload this food and prepare our food boxes to be delivered each week.
Volunteers will work in a group setting to organize and prepare these boxes. COTS has volunteers who like to serve one time as well as volunteers who have served in their role for multiple years. Volunteers gain greater volunteer experience and provide support to people in need.
- Start to assemble food boxes using the 'How to Build a Box’ sheet that has pictures including Fresh Produce, can goods, misc. dry goods, pastries, bread, Dairy, eggs, and frozen food.
- Load and wheel boxes to the drive thru area. Each food box weighs 35-40 lb.
- Drive thru opens at 9 AM. Boxes are taken outside and loaded into cars that make our deliveries
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-20 hours per week (flexible)
- Must be able to work in the morning