*Regular Volunteers are Encouraged*
Volunteers will help kids safely walk to school and cross the streets both before an after school. We only need about four volunteers for each "shift" (which would be $5 a person), and volunteers do not need to work every day, both morning and afternoon shifts, but we do need people to fill each position of each shift.
There will people on certain corners helping cross students, then other people (more physically active volunteers) actually walking groups of children.
We are looking for volunteers for the entire year, however, if people are unable to make that commitment, we will take the availability they have. (the amount of walking seems to slow down in December, January and February and picks back up in spring)
Bennett- AM: 7:55-8:25 Monday-Friday
PM: 3:15-3:45 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
PM: 2:25-2:55 Wednesday
What are the benefits?
- Increasing physical activity
- Better mood & concentration
- Stronger self-image
- More self-confidence
- Fewer chronic health problems
- Building relationships
- Reducing traffic congestion around the school
How does it work?
- Students walk to and from school on predetermined routes with an adult leader
- There is a designated meeting spot, where students meet in the morning and return to after school
- Program Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 1 Hour per day
- Volunteers must want to work with children, Background check required