**Volunteers receive FIVE DOLLARS per volunteer shift**
*Regular Volunteers are Encouraged*
Volunteers will help kids safely walk to school and cross the streets both before an after school. Volunteers serve as cross guards!
We are looking for volunteers for the entire year, however, if people are unable to make that commitment, we will take the availability they have. (the amount of walking seems to slow down in December, January and February and picks back up in spring)
Maybury - AM: 7:40-8:10 Monday-Friday
PM: 3:00-3:30 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
PM: 2:10-2:40 Wednesday
What are the benefits?
- Increasing physical activity
- Better mood & concentration
- Stronger self-image
- More self-confidence
- Fewer chronic health problems
- Building relationships
- Reducing traffic congestion around the school
- Teaching / Instruction
- Relationship Building
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 hour per day
- Volunteer must pass background check.Volunteers should be comfortable leading children to school!