We collect and distribute shoe to homeless shelters, clothing centers, transition homes to others in need on an ongoing basis. We're looking for assistance in other parts of the USA to meet the growing needs.
The shoes collected will go to the shelters and centers in your area. Below are five easy ways you join The JDF Team and serve the underserved.
1) Shoes can be collected by putting boxes in office buildings and collecting them.
2) Distributing bags and signage in neighborhoods alerting residents we're collecting shoes for the homeless and needy. Add the date you will return to pick up the shoes.
3) Asking friends in your social groups to clean out their shoe closets.
4) Word of mouth is hugely popular. Frequently, when co-workers, friends and social media friends learn you're the 'shoe collecter' they will bring you bags of shoes.
5) Ask your church family to help you by collecting shoes from the congregation.
Thank you for considering our opportunity. This volunteer opp works around your schedule. It's a great family or youth group project. We are very passionate about helping those in need and we look forward to chatting with you. Please email me so we can get started.
- Resource Development / Management
- Youth Services
- Social Work
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Apprx. 1-4 hours whenever you collect the shoes.
- Servants hearts