Public Relations Intern
5 people are interested
Oceanside Museum of Art is looking for an arts-loving, forward-thinking, brand-conscious, self-driven public relations intern to establish and maintain a steady stream of positive media coverage, from promoting exhibitions to business news. The intern will work with a small team including the marketing director, education director, and exhibitions manager.
- Maintain and update media distribution list
- Track defined outreach metrics monthly
- Work with marketing team to develop a PowerPoint and video presentation on features and benefits of Oceanside Museum of Art to be used in outreach presentations
- Take photos to use with releases about exhibitions and fundraising events
- Engage in brainstorming sessions, bringing marketing, publicity and brand exposure ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including editorial-style/news release writing
- Strong interviewing skills
- Skilled at public relations-style photography and photo editing is ideal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects
- Deadline-conscious Self-starter
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Gmail
- For current students, ideal to be in communications, business, or marketing, or similar.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. No calls please.
Job Type: Unpaid Internship
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is a cultural jewel located in downtown Oceanside with a view of the Pacific Ocean and the historic Oceanside Pier. The museum presents, contemporary exhibitions from the region and around the world. OMA offers events, concerts, classes, lectures, and docent tours and prides itself as a gathering place where friends meet to share and enjoy rich cultural experiences. For a list of museum programming, visit www.oma-online.org/calendar.
We'll work with your schedule.
704 Pier View WayOceanside, CA 92054
- Exhibition Arts
- Basic Computer Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 20 hours per week