Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is looking for an arts-loving, forward-thinking, brand-conscious, self-driven program promotions intern to expand awareness of the many programs and events held at OMA. The intern will work with a small team including the executive director, marketing director, education director, and exhibitions manager.
- Work with external communications intern, marketing director, and exhibitions manager to develop content for Facebook events, Eventbrite, and other similar venues.
- Maintain events listings with program updates and anecdotes
- Respond appropriately (with approval from marketing director) to online comments and inquiries
- Track progress and status of submissions for each program
- Track defined outreach metrics monthly
- Monitor analytics to identify market opportunities and refocus campaign as needed
- Proficient using the internet and web browsers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in social media/marketing
- Experience with social media analytics including Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to take direction and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- For current students, ideal to be in communications, business, or marketing, or similar.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com to be considered. No calls please.
Job Type: Unpaid Internship
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is a cultural jewel located in downtown Oceanside with a view of the Pacific Ocean and the historic Oceanside Pier. The museum presents, contemporary exhibitions from the region and around the world. OMA offers events, concerts, classes, lectures, and docent tours and prides itself as a gathering place where friends meet to share and enjoy rich cultural experiences. For a list of museum programming, visit www.oma-online.org/calendar.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 20 hours per week