Social Media Internship
21 people are interested
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is looking for an arts-loving, forward-thinking, brand-conscious, self-driven social media intern to build the OMA’s online presence. The intern will work with a small team including the executive director, marketing director, education director, and exhibitions manager.
- Work with public relations intern, marketing director, and exhibitions manager to develop content calendars for a range of social media on a weekly and monthly basis
- Develop and implement an online outreach campaign to increase awareness, exposure, "word-of-mouth" promotion, attendance and support of OMA
- Create engaging social media content (verbal and visual) for postings to Facebook, Instagram, and others, updating weekly at minimum
- Monitor and document social media comments, replying as appropriate with prior approval by marketing director
- Monitor and contribute to related online forums
- Assist with website updates and optimization including keyword analysis
- Monitor analytics to identify market opportunities and refocus campaign as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in social media/marketing
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics including Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Ability to take direction and acquire new knowledge as necessary for tasks or projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- For current students, ideal to be in communications, business, or marketing, or similar.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. No calls please.
Job Type: Unpaid Internship
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is a cultural jewel located in downtown Oceanside with a view of the Pacific Ocean and the historic Oceanside Pier. The museum presents, contemporary exhibitions from the region and around the world. OMA offers events, concerts, classes, lectures, and docent tours and prides itself as a gathering place where friends meet to share and enjoy rich cultural experiences. For a list of museum programming, visit www.oma-online.org/calendar.
We'll work with your schedule.
704 Pier View WayOceanside, CA 92054
- Exhibition Arts
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 - 20 hours per week