Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that will change your life?
Now here is an opportunity for you to be part of the AmeriCorps caregiving respite program called Willing Hearts, Helpful Hands!
We are looking for dedicated volunteers throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties to help seniors by providing friendly visits, shopping assistance, telephone reassurance, and more. We match volunteers to families living in their neighborhoods who could use a 'helpful hand.'
To qualify, you will need to:
* commit to volunteering for one year.
* commit to serving 10-12 hours per week in your community.
You will receive:
* monthly transportation allowance of $125.00 per month.
* qualify for an educational award of $1538.
To find out how you can be a hero, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-289-2100 ext. 4296.
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Free training is provided.