5 people are interested
The Longest Day Volunteer Committee - Beachwood Area
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
We're looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join The Longest Day Volunteer Planning Committee! If you're passionate about the mission of the Alzheimer's Association and want to get more involved with this fun and creative event, we'd love to connect with you!
The Longest Day is a year-round DIY fundraising initiative that's celebrated on the day with the most light - the summer solstice. Participants fight the darkness of Alzheimer's through an activity of their choice, using their creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
As a committee member, you will help lead our efforts through your work on one of three subcommittees:
- Recruitment: Recruits new and past teams. Members of this subcommittee are well-connected and willing to tap into their networks to rally friends, family, clubs, businesses and beyond in support of our mission. If you have a passion for activities such as golf, pickleball, Mah Jongg or hiking, we’d love your help connecting with these groups!
- Engagement: Coaches registered teams. If you enjoy connecting with individuals through phone calls, emails and handwritten notes to help them achieve their fundraising goals, this is the place for you! This group is essential in helping us create the best possible participant experience so that teams will return for years to come.
- Marketing: Spreads awareness of The Longest Day. This is a small and highly-specialized subcommittee. This group works with our MarCom team to identify opportunities to promote The Longest Day to keep it top of mind in the community as a year-round fundraising initiative.
Committee member attributes include:
- Passionate about the work of the Alzheimer’s Association and its mission
- Committed to dedicating necessary time to the Volunteer Committee
- Enthusiastic about the uniqueness of The Longest Day and helping teams create meaningful events
- Creative when looking for new opportunities to support the campaign year-round
If you’re interested in joining The Longest Day Volunteer Committee, please contact Liv Passe at 216.342.5581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on The Longest Day, visit alz.org/thelongestday.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Alzheimer's Association - Cleveland Area & Greater East Ohio Area Chapter
23215 Commerce Park, Suite 300, Beachwood, OH 44122, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. We lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia.
*Chapter Services Include:
24/7 HelpLine: A telephone assistance service, which provides information, literature, support services and referral to specific Association programs and/or community resources.
Care Management Programs: Family-centered programs that offer personalized guidance to families; helps families make informed choices as they cope with difficult issues.
Safe Return/MedicAlert: For those who wander, a national registry ID program to help register and identify individuals who are memory impaired due to Alzheimer’s disease.
Support Groups: Over 60 support groups who meet regularly throughout the Cleveland Area and Greater East Ohio Area, facilitated by a professional and/or
Early Stage Support Groups: On-going groups and programs for persons diagnosed with early-stage dementia and their caregiver.
WebSite: www.alz.org/eastohio or www.alz.org/cleveland
Community Education: Educational programs for caregivers, professionals and the community. Each office also offers a speaker’s bureau and attends health fairs.
*The Greater East Ohio Area Chapter includes the Akron, Canton and Youngstown communities. The Cleveland Area Chapter includes Greater Cleveland, Lorain, Lake, Geauga & Lorain counties.
Multiple locations Beachwood, OH 44122
October 6, 2022
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Relationship Building
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month