CTN is seeking applicants for a Communications Internship opportunity for it's newest location in Austin, Texas. Intern can be local or virtual.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Intern will assist Program Manager in the accomplishment of project goals through marketing and communications activities, and minimal administrative assistance. We seek highly motivated individuals who will gain graphic design and communications experience. This internship will provide the opportunity for networking and great hands on experience producing online and print graphic design and advertising projects. Light administrative duties will be required on occasion. Intern will be engaged in work in the following areas:
- Graphic Design: Creating invitations, ads and printed materials.
- Content creation and design: Create and collect content for Network News, the online monthly newsletter (http://ctnbayarea.org/media/?target=Newsletters)
- Website updates via Wordpress
- Social Media/Online Marketing: Keeping blog and social media content up to date on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Updates to ongoing media lists
SUPERVISION: The Intern(s) will report to the Program Manager in Austin, Texas
HOURS: 10 hours/week
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: · Participating in research strategy meetings and discussions · Inputting data when necessary · Work closely with staff, and various project coordinators to promote events through online, print resources and various media/news outlets · Develop policies and procedures for how all events will be publicized · Some administrative and clerical assistance as necessary.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week