Advocate - North/Northwest Suburbs Cook County
34 people are interested
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA) is a non-profit agency dedicated to servicing sexual assault/sexual abuse survivors and their families throughout north/northwest Cook County. Volunteers are essential to providing these services.
Advocacy: Medical advocacy is available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at hospital emergency rooms and police departments. Staff and trained volunteers respond in person to offer emotional support and provide information.
Crisis Intervention:Phone response is available to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hotline services include telephone crisis counseling and information/referrals. The hotline is answered by staff and trained volunteers.
Requirements & Commitments:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Agree to a Background Check
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must volunteer at least 12 hours a month (2 shifts) for a minimum of 1 full year.
- 40 Hour Training (provided by Northwest CASA)
- Be able to arrive within 1 hour of all 8 of our hospital partners:
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center (Elk Grove Village)
- Glenbrook Hospital (Glenview)
- St. Alexius Medical Center (Hoffman Estates)
- Lutheran General Hospital (Park Ridge)
- Northwest Community Hospital (Arlington Heights)
- Skokie Hospital (Skokie)
- St. Francis Hospital (Evanston)
- Evanston Hospital (Evanston)
About Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault
415 W. Golf Rd. #47, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, US
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault is committed to ending sexual violence, promoting individual responsibility, and empowering survivors. Northwest CASA accomplishes this mission by: -Providing crisis intervention and counseling services to survivors and significant others -Advocating for survivors in the medical and criminal justice systems -Promoting social change through education and prevention programs -Reaching out to survivors in underserved groups in our community
DescriptionNorthwest Center Against Sexual Assault (Northwest CASA) has been serving the needs of survivors of sexual violence and their significant others for more than 40 years. Northwest CASA is the only non-profit, full- service agency covering the North and Northwest suburbs of Cook County, that is entirely devoted to serving sexual assault survivors and their partners, friends and families. Our agency offers a variety of free services which include: · Counseling for survivors and significant others · Prevention, community education, and training · 24 hour advocacy at area police stations, courts, and hospitals · 24 hour sexual assault crisis hotline.
We'll work with your schedule.
415 W. Golf Rd. #47Arlington Heights, IL 60005
- Child Advocacy
- Crisis Intervention
- Public Advocacy
- Youth Services
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 Hours (2, 6 hour shifts) a Month for a Minimum of 1 Year
- All Volunteers must complete an application, participate an in person interview, and submit to a State and DCFS background check.