Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA) is a non-profit agency dedicated to servicing sexual assault/sexual abuse survivors and their families throughout north/northwest Cook County. Volunteers are essential to providing these services.
Advocacy: Medical advocacy is available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at hospital emergency rooms and police departments. Staff and trained volunteers respond in person to offer emotional support and provide information.
Crisis Intervention:Phone response is available to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hotline services include telephone crisis counseling and information/referrals. The hotline is answered by staff and trained volunteers.
Requirements & Commitments:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Agree to a Background Check
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must volunteer at least 12 hours a month (2 shifts) for a minimum of 1 full year.
- 40 Hour Training (provided by Northwest CASA)
- Be able to arrive within 1 hour of all 8 of our hospital partners:
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center (Elk Grove Village)
- Glenbrook Hospital (Glenview)
- St. Alexius Medical Center (Hoffman Estates)
- Lutheran General Hospital (Park Ridge)
- Northwest Community Hospital (Arlington Heights)
- Skokie Hospital (Skokie)
- St. Francis Hospital (Evanston)
- Evanston Hospital (Evanston)
- Legal (General)
- Child Advocacy
- Crisis Intervention
- Public Advocacy
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 Hours a Month for a Minimum of 1 Year