54 people are interested
Crisis Advocate - McHenry County
ORGANIZATION: Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault
Please visit the new page to apply.
54 people are interested
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA) is a non-profit agency dedicated to servicing sexual assault/sexual abuse survivors and their families throughout north/northwest Cook County. Volunteers are essential to providing these services.
Come fight with us.More Survivors are reaching out for help on our hotline than in years past. Do you want to do more to stop sexual violence in your community?We have an opportunity for you to step off the sidelines and join a team that is passionate about challenging the norms that are harming our society and understands the intersectionality of how racism and misogyny impacts sexual violence.
We are building a collective and looking for the right individuals to join our powerful team whether that's as a staff member, volunteer, or intern.This is an opportunity to join an agency with over 45 years of stability and the wisdom to continue to evolve. You can have a seat at our table where your voice matters and you have the opportunity to make change.
We have space for you.
Advocacy: Medical advocacy is available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at hospital emergency rooms and police departments. Staff and trained volunteers respond in person to offer emotional support and provide information.
Requirements & Commitments:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Agree to a Background Check
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must volunteer at least 24 hours a month (4 shifts) for a minimum of 1 full year.
- 40 Hour Crisis Intervention Training (provided by Northwest CASA)
- Has not received any medical/legal advocacy within the past year or counseling at Northwest CASA within the past two years (themselves or anyone in their immediate family)
- Be able to arrive within 1 hour of the following hospitals:
- Northwestern McHenry
- 4501 W Medical Center Dr., McHenry, IL 60050
- Northwestern Woodstock
- 3701 Doty Rd, Woodstock, IL 60098
- Northwestern Huntley
- 10350 Haligus Rd, Huntley, IL 60142
Things to consider:
If you are needing volunteer hours, please note that the 40 Hour Training is not included in volunteer hours. To accumulate hours, you will do so by having direct client contact on the hotline and/or in the hospital.
- 01:00 AM to 07:00 AM
- 07:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- 01:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- 07:00 PM to 01:00 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault
415 W. Golf Rd. #47, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, US
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault is committed to ending sexual violence, promoting individual responsibility, and empowering survivors. Northwest CASA accomplishes this mission by: -Providing crisis intervention and counseling services to survivors and significant others -Advocating for survivors in the medical and criminal justice systems -Promoting social change through education and prevention programs -Reaching out to survivors in underserved groups in our community
DescriptionNorthwest Center Against Sexual Assault (Northwest CASA) has been serving the needs of survivors of sexual violence and their significant others for more than 40 years. Northwest CASA is the only non-profit, full- service agency covering the North and Northwest suburbs of Cook County, that is entirely devoted to serving sexual assault survivors and their partners, friends and families. Our agency offers a variety of free services which include: · Counseling for survivors and significant others · Prevention, community education, and training · 24 hour advocacy at area police stations, courts, and hospitals · 24 hour sexual assault crisis hotline.
Multiple locations McHenry, IL 60050
October 18, 2022
- Child Advocacy
- Crisis Intervention
- Public Advocacy
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 24 Hours (4, 6 hour shifts) a Month for a Minimum of 1 Year
- All Volunteers must complete an application, an in-person (or virtual) interview, and submit to a State, DCFS background check and go through a 40 Hour Crisis Intervention Training.