Sexual Assault Medical Advocate - McHenry County
23 people are interested
Northwest Center Against Sexual Assault (NWCASA) is a non-profit agency dedicated to servicing sexual assault/sexual abuse survivors and their families throughout north/northwest Cook County. Volunteers are essential to providing these services.
Advocacy: Medical advocacy is available to clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at hospital emergency rooms and police departments. Staff and trained volunteers respond in person to offer emotional support and provide information.
Requirements & Commitments:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Agree to a Background Check
- Must have valid Driver's License
- Must volunteer at least 12 hours a month (2 shifts) for a minimum of 1 full year.
- 40 Hour Training (provided by Northwest CASA)
- Be able to arrive within 1 hour of the following hospitals:
- Northwestern McHenry
- 4501 W Medical Center Dr., McHenry, IL 60050
- Northwestern Woodstock
- 3701 Doty Rd, Woodstock, IL 60098
- Northwestern Huntley
- 10350 Haligus Rd, Huntley, IL 60142
We'll work with your schedule.
4508 Prime ParkwayMcHenry, IL 60050
- Child Advocacy
- Crisis Intervention
- Public Advocacy
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 Hours (2, 6 hour shifts) a Month for a Minimum of 1 Year