Event Management and Logistics Internship for National Multiple Sclerosis Society
WhenWed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 AM - Mon Apr 30, 2018 02:30 PM
Where2589 Scott StreetSanta Clara, CA 95050
The Logistics Interns will directly help the Logistics office with these three initiatives
- Prize Cultivation and Sponsor Cultivation
- Beer and Wine and Bar Incentives
- Gift and Food Donations
- Other In-Kind Gifts
- Work with Local Vendors to provide prize incentives for top fundraisers
- Deliver marketing materials to local vendors
- Do research on incentive prizes for future events
- Warehouse Improvement
- Clear space to create efficient loading and unloading zone for events
- Get ahead of inventory to decrease duplicate purchases
- Send Sensitive Paperwork to Dispose/Shred
- Make purchase recommendation to reduce event spending
- Will work with Volunteer Organizations to Inventory all items in the Main Santa Clara Warehouse
- Event Weekend
- Help with Truck Loading and Unloading Process
- Be on-site and work directly with Event Director to solve issues that arise.
- Work with Vendors to ensure delivery/receipt of donated goods
- Pick-up and Deliver donated Items to Sites
- Coordinate Donation of un-used food to non-profit organizations
- Available on event weekends: April 14/15 and April 21/22.
- Have reliable transportation (to come to and from the office for the internship period)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Web Browsers
- Professional demeanor , both over the phone, and in person
- Must be willing to ask questions, think creatively, and brainstorm for fun new ideas for the Bike MS events
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively work on several complex projects simultaneously
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully prioritize work
- Ability to work effectively with large groups
- A strong sense of purpose and a passion for working in an open, friendly environment while working to build a wonderful event!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 Hours Per week.
- Event Management and Logistics...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Silicon...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: San...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Central...
- Warehouse Organization Project
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Oakland 2018
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Santa Rosa...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Folsom 2018
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Tri Valley...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Walnut...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Sacramento...
- Volunteer at Walk MS: Monterey...