Palliative care is specialized medical care for people living with serious illness. It focuses on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family.
Palliative Care teams are dedicated to providing:
- Time to devote to family meetings and patient/family counseling
- Expertise in managing complex physical and emotional symptoms
- Communication and support for resolving patient/family/physician questions concerning goals of care
- Coordination of care transitions across different health care settings
- PARTNER with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for patients and their families during their hospital stay.
- EXTEND the work of caring professional staff by their presence.
- PROVIDE companionship and support.
- ASSIST the patient and family with non-clinical needs.
- ENGAGE patients and families in positive activities
- ADVOCATE for patients by sharing concerns or issues with staff
Assistance to staff
Respite for family members
Please contact us for more information.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months