The Kensington Square Resident Services Center implements programs to sustain resident self-sufficiency and empowerment. The tutoring services is a program that will be implemented in early winter. The purpose of the program is to promote and support academic success and educational outcomes for young children.
Tutors/mentors are responsible for providing individual and group tutorial sessions. Tutors/mentors must reinforce classroom instruction, encourage academic progress, and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Conduct individual and group tutoring/mentoring sessions at the Kensington Square Resident Services Center once per week at an arranged time.
- Provide encouragement to participants for academic persistence and success.
- Complete tutoring/mentoring reports on each participant as instructed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Resident Services Coordinator.
- Must demonstrate a sensitivity to, and strong interest in working with, educationally and socioeconomically disadvantaged students.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Once per week for a maximum of two hours