If you are looking for a fun way to help animals and want to be a part of an exceptional non-profit organization, we're looking for you!
SaveABunny is a nonprofit group dedicated to rescuing domestic rabbits facing euthanasia at shelters and educating people about the joys of living with a house rabbit.
We welcome compassionate and reliable volunteers to assist with a wide variety of needs. You'll have fun and make a difference right away in the life of a lonely animal! Volunteers of all ages are welcome, but youths under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult during their shifts.
- Rabbit Care - feeding, cleaning cages and litter boxes, socialization
- Rabbit Grooming & Health - nail trims, brushing, medicating, T-Touch
- Adoptions - work with potential adopters in Mill Valley foster center or Bay Area pet supply store adoption days to place rabbits in new homes
- Facility Care - gardening, cleaning public areas, maintaining supplies
- Transportation - vet appointments, shelter pick-ups, foster transportation
- Administration -mailings, emails, newsletters, maintaining forms/lists
- Outreach Programs - visit schools, participate in children programs, participate in expos and special events
- Technical - web development, computer repairs, database development and maintenance, photography
- Fostering - sharing your home and love with a rabbit looking for a new home
- Auctions - purchase or create items to sell on eBay, manage the auction process
- Grant Development (Experienced Only Please) - research, developing proposals, contacting government agencies
What will you get from volunteering?
First of all, no-one leaves our Mill Valley location without the opportunity to cuddle one of our precious bunnies! Beyond the obvious enjoyment you get from spending time with these lovable creatures (humans included), you also gain satisfaction in realizing the direct impact you make on a rabbits life.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment