Did You Know: "The mean age of entry into sports is later for children of households with lower income than higher" (Diversity Demographics of American youth sports, 2016). Youth who live in urban communities have less access to organized sports. That is why minority children are less likely to participate in sports. At Bat needs your help to stimulate an after-school program at Voyageur Academy where students are approximately 95% minority and 90% economically disadvantaged. Help us enrich under-served youth lives by volunteering with At Bat as an on-site after-school baseball or softball coach.
Coaches responsibilities are as followed:
- Provide a safe physical environment.
- Communicate in a positive way.
- Teach basic skills and strategy to players.
- Helping players become fit and value fitness for a lifetime.
- Help young people develop character.
- Sports Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Wednesday and Thursday 3:45 pm to 5:30 pm
- except on non-scheduled school days