Fit2beKids is a non-profit organization in South Orange County, CA that aims to transform youth by empowering them to live healthier-more wholesome lives. Our educational and field programs provide youth and their families the opportunity to learn about physical fitness, nutrition and mindfulness; our building blocks for character development and behavior change, which are performed through guided-discovery learning. The families we support come from diverse under-served ethnic backgrounds, who lack support and knowledge about health and wellness.
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve as SPONSORSHIP & EVENT COORDINATORS - *Optional Board Member.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- College Students who are Finance and/or Business Majors with previous experience with fundraising/sponsorship--you will assist and support our Executive Director with all events and campaigns to raise money and awareness for our organization
- Adults with 2-5 year experience in Fundraising and/or Sponsorship Funds
- *Optional - able to sit on our board and participate in quarterly meetings
- Review the current Sponsorship Packages and be familiar with what our organizations promises are to sponsors
- Prepare a budget, monitor it carefully and report on it regularly
- Seek to raise sponsorship funds for our National Program, Youth & Family Fitness Festival at all The Fit Expo Trade Shows across the country (Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia and Fort Lauderdale)
- Keep proper records of sponsor details in SalesForce (CRM)
- Send out letters/emails to future and current sponsors regarding our commitment to them in exchange for their generous donations
- Cultivate relationships with companies within the Fitness, Health & Wellness Industries to secure sponsorship funds
- Seek and meet with new potential sponsors to outline what services they value most--what are their initiatives?
- Organize and assist with sponsorship campaigns and events
- Maintain a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with each sponsor
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team to ensure that sponsors receive their recognition through impressions: social media, tv, press releases, video, print, etc.
- Send out THANK YOU letters at the end of each year, as well as a sponsor survey to establish expectations/commitment for the following year
- Passionate about our mission and vision: educating youth on physical fitness, nutrition and mindfulness
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is highly desired
- Committed to volunteering for a minimum of 6-months, preferably 1-year (5-10 hours per week)
How to apply:
Please contact Shae Gawlak, Executive Director, at: Shae@fit2bekids.org
- Child Development
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week