Fit2beKids is a non-profit organization in South Orange County, CA that aims to transform youth by empowering them to live healthier-more wholesome lives. Our educational and field programs provide youth and their families the opportunity to learn about physical fitness, nutrition and mindfulness; our fundamental building blocks for character development and behavior change, which are performed through guided-discovery learning. The families we support come from diverse under-served ethnic backgrounds, who lack support and knowledge about health and wellness.
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve as FUNDRAISING COORDINATORS & optional Board Members for our FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- College Students who are Finance and/or Business Majors; needing either community service hours or are fulfilling an Internship (we can provide further information for internship options).
- Adults with 2-5 years of experience with fundraising from small local school, church or sports fundraisers to large galas and other events.
- Optional - Able to sit on our Board and participate in quarterly meetings
- Assist in designing promotional materials and increase awareness of our organization's work, goals and financial needs for the BOD
- Research prospective donors
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Conduct fundraising strategies for our organization
- Identify and contact potential donors
- Organize campaigns and/or events that will lead to soliciting donations
- Maintain records of donor information in SalesForce (CRM)
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events
- Train other volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
- Passionate about our mission and vision: educating youth on physical fitness, nutrition and mindfulness
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is highly desired
- Committed to volunteering for a minimum of 6-months, preferably 1-year (5-10/per week)
How to apply:
Please contact Shae Gawlak, Executive Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Development
- Donor Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per week