Legacy International offers flexible volunteer opportunities or internships where you can "nourish" your heart and soul while putting your skills to work supporting a wide array of youth and young professional development initiatives. (Seasoned professionals, university students or retirees welcome.)
Volunteers or interns may work anywhere between 4-20 hrs/week. Some remote / tele-commuting work possible after orientation period.
For "practical idealists" interested in international exchanges, communications, grant research/writing, and marketing, Legacy can offer a way to meaningfully contribute within varied Legacy projects serving youth and adult audiences. Below is a brief overview. More details shared during orientation:
- Global Youth Village - Help GYV’s Outreach Coordinator with marketing this summer teen camp, reaching out to identify schools, teachers, and youths to share information with.
- Emerging Young Leaders Award - Contribute to program set-up and delivery for the Washington, DC components of this two week exchange program.
In addition, you may support Legacy’s staff in the following ways:
- Research, link to and write new content for blog posts on a variety of programmatic / thematic topics (Social Entrepreneurship, NGO Development, STEM Education, Transformative Leaders, Women’s Empowerment, etc.)
- Work with the Social Media Team to develop and edit weekly social media posting calendars. Pre-load social media content into a variety of sites.
- Coordinating photo documentation and photo sharing. Identify photos to be used in marketing.
- Assisting in mapping Legacy’s online audiences. Identify and monitor conversations and reputation online. What is being said about Legacy International or one of its projects?
- Assisting in identifying 'traditional’ media targets and other influencers and their networks.
- Develop database contacts of alumni information for targeted communications.
- Develop marketing tools and communication pieces to be used with engaging our current audience and potential new partners.
This is an unpaid opportunity. Commuting stipend provided.
To Apply: email resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Management
- Event Design & Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training