The Office Assistant at Southern Rhode Island Volunteers' Charlestown Office will assist in all areas of administration with basic office tasks and computer data entry.Roles & Responsibilities
- Answering phone calls, taking messages and directly calls appropriately
- Provide information for callers interested in volunteering
- Provide information callers seeking services from SRIV’s Independent Aging Program, as well as directing their calls to the appropriate social service entity if SRIV cannot help that individual.
Other tasks include:
- Database entry
- Updating contact information as needed
- Mailing preparation
- Document preparation
- Copying & filing
- Other administrative tasks as requested by various staff
Computer Skills including Microsoft Word, Basic Data Entry, Communication Skills, Typing, Answering PhonesPreferred Skills
Knowledge of Washington County Rhode IslandAdditional Notes A training and orientation will be provided for all volunteers
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to your schedule
- Domestic Violence Resource...
- Volunteer at the Jonnycake...
- Kingston Arts Organization...
- Activity Volunteers Needed at...
- Want to volunteer, but don't...
- Local senior needs home repair...
- Deliver meals to seniors in need.
- Furniture Donation Center...
- Retired or partially retired?...
- Community Events Volunteer
- Help a senior who can no longer...
- Drive a senior to their medical...
- Southern RI Volunteers Volunteer...
- Hospice Companion Volunteer
- ReStore Cashier
- Museum in Narragansett Seeking...
- Development Committee Volunteer
- Charlestown Drivers Needed
- No-kill Cat Shelter Seeking...
- Volunteer Opportunity Working...