The Office Assistant at Southern Rhode Island Volunteers' Charlestown Office will assist in all areas of administration with basic office tasks and computer data entry.Roles & Responsibilities
- Answering phone calls, taking messages and directly calls appropriately
- Provide information for callers interested in volunteering
- Provide information callers seeking services from SRIV’s Independent Aging Program, as well as directing their calls to the appropriate social service entity if SRIV cannot help that individual.
Other tasks include:
- Database entry
- Updating contact information as needed
- Mailing preparation
- Document preparation
- Copying & filing
- Other administrative tasks as requested by various staff
Computer Skills including Microsoft Word, Basic Data Entry, Communication Skills, Typing, Answering PhonesPreferred Skills
Knowledge of Washington County Rhode IslandAdditional Notes A training and orientation will be provided for all volunteers
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible to your schedule
- Kingston Arts Organization...
- Volunteer at South County Hospital
- Activity Volunteers Needed at...
- Brochures Distribution Volunteers
- Help a Senior Get Their Groceries!
- Rhode Island Welcome Center in...
- Furniture Donation Center...
- Help a senior who can no longer...
- Museum in Narragansett Seeking...
- Development Committee Volunteer
- Marketing Internship
- Disaster Team Youth Volunteers...
- Mentor a Child After School!
- Substitute Drivers Needed for...
- Volunteer Opportunity Working...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers &...
- Food kitchen and shelter seeking...
- Kettle Pond Visitor's Center
- Museum in Exeter Seeking Help
- Hidden Brook Acres Lesson...