Volunteer Dog Walkers are needed at each of our St. Louis area shelters:
1201 Macklind Ave (near Forest Park)
11660 Administration Drive (Page & Schuetz Rd)
17357 Edison Ave (Chesterfield Valley)
Dog walkers are needed in the afternoon hours between 1pm and end of business day (6pm weekdays, 5pm Saturdays and 4pm Sundays) to help make sure our shelter dogs get the exercise, socialization and care to keep them happy and healthy while they wait for their furrever home.
Dog walkers must::
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Able to volunteer independently, dog walking is a physical role that also requires the ability to learn & retain information on how to safely handle shelter dogs.
- Be able to provide an average of 1-3 hours per week of service for a minimum of 6 months
- Be willing to volunteer in all safe weather conditions, which includes rain, snow, hot or cold days. Walkers will not go outside in severe weather including, lightening, hail/sleet or other unsafe conditions.
- Not be seeking community service requirements. HSMO only provides community service at Longmeadow Rescue Ranch. Please visit us online at www.hsmo.org/volunteer to learn more.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- See posting & visit www.hsmo.org/volunteer to apply