The Marco Players, Marco Island, FL 34145
Contact: Bill Harris, Production Volunteer Coordinator
(239) 259-0801 Cell
(239) 642-7270 Office
THE MARCO PLAYERS, Marco Island, is immediately seeking Make-Up Artists for the 2017-2018 season.
The Marco Players is the oldest not-for-profit, 501(c)3, community theater on Marco Island. As a volunteer-driven organization that operates year-round, The Marco Players Theater delivers live community theater and music to residents and visitors of SW Florida.
The production season runs early July 2017 through mid-May, 2018.
The Make-Up Artist is responsible for preparation and application of make-up to cast members.
Key duties include:
* Consulting with the Director, Costume Designer and Hairstylist for final approval of characters’ appearances;
* Make-up design;
* Maintaining an inventory of make-up products consistent with general makeup requirements for cast members;
* Acquiring make-up products specific to character cast members’ appearance on stage;
* Applying make-up for cast members unfamiliar with basic requirements and techniques, to be done in an instructional manner so as to allow cast members to learn techniques;
* Supervising and maintaining make-up requirements throughout the run of each production;
* Supervising removal of make-up,
* Preserving pre-cast and/or pre-made pieces for use throughout the run of the production;
* Supervising clean-up of make-up room and inventory of products;
* Cleaning and storing make-up to preserve product life and allow maximum use;
* Working within prescribed budget; and
* Training other make-up volunteers in methods and practice.
THE MARCO PLAYERS provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training