The Marco Players, Marco Island, FL 34145
Contact: Bill Harris, Production Volunteer Coordinator
(239) 259-0801 Cell
(239) 642-7270 Office
THE MARCO PLAYERS, Marco Island, is immediately seeking Backstage Managers for the 2017-2018 season.
The Marco Players is the oldest not-for-profit, 501(c)3, community theater on Marco Island. As a volunteer-driven organization that operates year-round, The Marco Players Theater delivers live community theater and music to residents and visitors of SW Florida.
The production season runs early July 2017 through mid-May, 2018.
The Backstage Manager maintains discipline and order within the Cast and Crew when offstage. From his/her position just offstage, the Backstage Manager facilitates communication between the Stage Manager, who is out in the house or in the Tech Booth, and actors, as well as ensuring safety. The Backstage Managers duties include:
- Verify all cast and crew members are familiar with the Backstage Guidelines.
- Obtain complete Crew list from the Production Coordinator and turn into the Director before deadline.
- Review crew assignments: Sound, Lights, Props, Special effects and running crew.
- Schedule Crew to attend several full-cast rehearsals before move-in.
- Have Crew learn the "flow" of the show.
- Help plan the move from the Rehearsal Hall to the stage, set up and crew training.
- Facilities complex set changes, quick changes offstage, and preparing the stage for performance.
- Provides oversight and supervision to the crew and cast backstage, and helps educate the crew by allowing them to do the crew work while offering guidance and support when and where needed.
THE MARCO PLAYERS provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Volunteer
- Stage Management
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training