Are you interested in a career in healthcare? Are you someone who is looking for the opportunity to interact with patients, their families and our amazing healthcare team? Are you compassionate? Do you have great communication skills?
Then this is the volunteer experience you've been waiting for!!
We are seeking individuals who want to be part of a new exciting program on our telemetry units (cardiac units).
Here are some of the things you would be doing:
- check on patients regularly to ensure that we are meeting all their needs & communicating with the clinical team.
- participate in a patient walking program (under the direction of the nursing & physical therapy team).
- provide comfort items such as tissues, eye masks, ear plugs, TV headphones
- Assist with meal delivery and set up
- listen and provide emotional support
- escort families to the cafeteria or to other areas in the hospital
- provide diversional activities for confused patients
- offer the relaxation channel and aromatherapy to reduce stress & anxiety
- and more!
We interview all interested candidates and provide training on the unit.
- People Skills
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of a 4 hour shift per week.
- Hours are flexible - evenings, nights, weekends are particularly desireable. 18 years or older