Fit2beKids is a non-profit organization in South Orange County, CA that aims to transform youth by empowering them to live healthier-more wholesome lives. Our educational and field programs provide youth and their families the opportunity to learn about physical fitness, nutrition and mindfulness; our fundamental building blocks for character development and behavior change, which are performed through guided-discovery learning. The families we support come from diverse under-served ethnic backgrounds, who lack support and knowledge in health and wellness.
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve as YOUTH COACHES and MENTORS for youth, ages 3-18.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- High School/College Students needing community service hours
- Adults who love working with kids--has had experience as a youth coach, teacher, camp counselor
- Passionate about educating youth on physical fitness, nutrition and mindfulness
- Enthusiastic and Energetic...someone who brings the FUN FACTOR!!
- Dedicated to building relationships with our kiddos and serving as a COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is highly desired
- Committed to volunteering for a minimum of 6 months, preferably 1-year (2-hour Saturday shifts; 2-times per month + occasional large events)
- Willing to perform a full background check and pass
- Able to attend a 1-hour Volunteer Orientation
How to apply: Please contact Summer Goebel, Director of Operations at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Development
- Special Needs
- Physical Education
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-hour shifts on Saturday, 2-times/mo (1st & 3rd)