Are you interested in supporting a program that is focused on children's nutrition and health and support for families? Plymouth WIC (Women Infants and Children) Nutrition program, a program of Health Imperatives, is seeking a volunteer who is excited about these causes to serve as an office assistant in Health Imperatives' Plymouth office. This person would be able to get involved in the following ways:
1. Greeting clients as they come into the door.
2. Providing childcare in the office while parents are in appointments with a Nutritionist.
3. Helping organize and create bulletin boards.
4. Helping to organize nutrition education and client resource materials.
5. Organizing toys.
Client Retention Activities
6. Last minute reminder calls for appointments scheduled in the afternoon or next day.
7. Calling clients to reschedule appointments missed at the end of the day.
8. Calling clients from Expected Due Date Report to check in to see if they have had their
9. Calling clients from Terminated Participants who still may be Eligible report to see if they
would like to come back in.
10. Attending Health Fairs or WIC resource booths in the community to recruit clients to WIC
Plymouth WIC (Women Infants and Children Nutrition Program): WIC is a free nutrition program that aims to keep Massachusetts families healthy. If you are pregnant or have a child under 5 in your household, the WIC program may be able to provide you with:
- Free, healthy food
- Nutrition and breast feeding support and education
- Referrals for medical and dental care, health insurance, child care, housing and fuel assistance, and more
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Plymouth WIC Volunteer." Our Volunteer Coordinator will then contact you for a brief phone interview and to let you know the next steps. If you have any questions, please contact Elissa at 508-583-3005 ext. 1005.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Child Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hrs/week
- A commitment of 6+ months is appreciated