The Social Media and Marketing Coordinator will work within Fiver's small Development Team in a fast-paced work environment. The majority of the work will take place in Fiver's midtown Manhattan office, and the intern will be provided with a desk space and computer. This position will be supervised by Fiver's Development & Marketing Associate, but will also work with members of the Development Team, youth development Program Supervisors, and different professional committees on specific projects.
The Social Media and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the following projects:
- Outlining the marketing plans and calendars for specific annual campaigns and fundraising events
- Regularly updating Fiver's website and marketing materials in accordance with changing youth development program features, press opportunities, and volunteer opportunities;
- Keeping up with the latest social media platform trends to ensure that Fiver's daily social media presence is fresh and interesting;
- Monitor the organization's social media platform and web page logistics in order to track weekly progress;
- Assisting with event planning responsibilities as needed;
- Incorporating the Fiver mission and values in all social media marketing. As a character development program, Fiver teaches participants to be a Friend, an Individual, a Valuable Team Player, an Environmentalist and a Risk Taker. We are looking for an outstanding role model who will inspire both our youth participants and our supporters through social media.
- Strong presence on social media platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and a keen eye for detail
- Creative and innovative approach to marketing and social media strategy
- Time management skills, and ability to prioritize and manage a varied workload
- Flexibility and willingness to assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Self-starter who can execute projects independently, as well as collaborate with supervisor on projects such as event marketing
- Managing social media platforms with a focus on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter
Language Skills Required
- Spanish speaking preferred, but not required
- Must be able to commit 15 - 20 hours a week
If you are interested in being Fiver's Social Media and Marketing Coordinator, please email your resume and why you are interested in this internship position to email@example.com.
- Child Development
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 15 hours per week.