Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stocking, cleaning and general clinic assistance
- Assist with medicating, vaccinating, and sample gathering.
- Restraining animals during examinations
- Entering data into computer program
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Basic handling training of dogs, cats, and small animals desired for all shifts
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Standing, bending, and kneeling are necessary for the duration of your shift
- Understanding of basic medical terminology and contamination prevention
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Prior vet tech experience a plus, in order to read fecal flotations, UA’s, etc.
- Organized and detail oriented for accurate data entry.
Training, Schedule and Commitment:
- Attend all mentoring and continuing education as required of this position
- Participate in ongoing evaluation program
- Position is shift based with a minimum of one (1) three-hour shift worked per week for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training